“For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding.” –2 Nephi 31:3
This scripture says so much! It says that:
- The Lord teaches me plainly. (Clearly; obviously; truthfully; up front; in a direct way.)
- He communicates to my mind in the way I talk, as if I talked to myself.
- He enlightens me in a way that makes sense so that I understand.
The Lord recently taught me:
- I felt to study a specific thing.
- I knew what to search.
- I knew other things to search.
- I pondered, asked and received answers.
- I recorded my thoughts which led to my understanding and then my mind expanded and everything became clear.
Looking back over the experience the Lord knew my heart. I was open to understanding and He taught me. I was guided in what to study, what to search, and what would cause me to ponder so I could ask, receive answers and understand. “When the student is ready the teacher appears.”