For some reason, I think it has to be difficult and what I don’t like, but isn’t it easier to trust the Lord? I hear, “You have to do what it takes”, but that’s just it, I can put my trust in me or I can put my trust in the Lord. The fact is that the Lord can do whatever He wants. I’m not saying I’ll do nothing and just sit back and hope the Lord does what I want like rubbing a lamp and a genie saying, “Your wish is my command,” but that my believing is giving my all – 100% – not hoping, but completely believing – knowing with all my heart – that it WILL happen.
It’s me standing on a cliff. 50% is I’ll fall but 50% is I won’t, but I’ll never know until I take the leap of faith. It might be “No”, but why not do it and believe that it might be “Yes?” I love what I heard “I stepped and fell into the arms of God.” The scriptures say He knows what we need before we ask, and to trust Him to take care of us. To me, that means trust Him first before pills, programs, or people that He’ll take care of me because He knows what I need before I ask, and He waits for me to have the faith to ask before He steps in and helps.
Sometimes the answer is no because it’s not right for me, or not the right time, or whatever, and if that’s the case, the spirit will also tell me why and will make it okay. (If I don’t know why, perhaps it’s because I don’t have the spirit or adequate faith? It’s not Him but me – food for thought.) God said “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” The question is when I ask do I believe I’ll receive or do I ask and just hope I’ll receive? God has blessed me in so many ways so why wouldn’t he continue? He knows the true desires of my heart, and will grant my desires according to my faith.
- “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
- “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
- “All things are possible to him that believeth.”
- In the Bible, the woman with an issue of blood FOR TWELVE YEARS touched the hem of the Savior’s clothes and was healed. He told her, “Thy faith hath made thee whole.”
- He caused two blind men to see.
- He raised Jairus’ daughter from the dead.
- He called Lazarus, dead for four days, to come forth from the tomb.
- “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not (hold nothing back – dare to [metaphorically] fall off the cliff); and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man (who wavers) think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man (one who hopes but doesn’t really believe) is unstable in all his ways.”
The Lord has power over all and can do whatever he wants. “And with God, nothing is impossible but you must reach and take his hand.” (Words from “When Someone Cares”) He grants my desires when the time is right; the point to remember is that He WILL. I do not doubt but believe.
October 29, 2015