My early morning thought was “I am asleep in the Lord.”
My focus directs my life. Outside things bother me but as I am asleep [or awake] in the Lord He takes care of me. I trust Him and He protects, watches over and defends me. God is all powerful and can do whatever He wants. Nothing is more powerful than the Lord and I and every human being are most precious to Him. As I trust Him He defends me. It’s personal.
- And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory. 1 Nephi 14:14
- And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear, and from terror for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall revile against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. 3 Nephi 22:13-17, Isaiah 54:13-17
- But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. 1 Nephi 21:14-16, Isaiah 49:14-16
I challenge anyone who wonders these two questions to pray and ask God for His answers. Go to the source. Ask Him honest questions and then listen and feel His response.
- Does perfect, almighty God, maker of the universe, really care about imperfect me?
- I’m no one special … I’m just a person … why would he care about my life and what I do?
And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see … 3 Nephi 18:25