Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints know many, many spiritual things. There’s always something worldly to know, but spiritual things are incorporated into lives of an abundance of good people around the world.
There’s a famine in the land that isn’t seen but is greatly felt. Many people’s lives feel hollow as they turn to this book or that program to fill them, and yet they are continually left empty. What can satisfy? The answers include spirituality, holiness, godliness, and the word of the Lord.
It seems too simple that feeding the soul is what is needed. “This is a complicated world. Only valuable things — what’s hard to get and beyond our reach — is worth our time” many people think and they miss the mark that is: easy to get, within everyone’s reach and available to all.
To those who know many, many spiritual things I say, “Step forward and give what the world needs. Lead with what is known-true spirituality, holiness, godliness, and the word of the Lord. Offer living water to the parched, dry land and let it be nourished.”
- The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing.
- Strengthen the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.
- Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not.
- In the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
- And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
- And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
- No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:
- And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.